Pages

Monday 22 June 2009

Hey Kay sorry I'm late

Dear all

Well its been a little while since I did my last post, but I have been a busy little bunny..... Work is still unrelenting, but I did manage to find time to make and sell 32 fathers day cards (woo hoo 131 - 163/365), make a fabulous 60th birthday card for my aunt (164/365) and have a great time down at the Glitterpot on Saturday with Kay Carley (165-168/365), where we made 4 lovely cards, and Kay is posting them on her blog over the next few days here. Unfortunately I managed to misplace my memory card so have only been able to take pictures of the cards I didn't sell/post last week Gggrrrrhhh. Oh well here are a couple of the fathers day cards:

I used rub-ons in the middle of the board depending what people wanted to allow a bit of personalization, but they mainly ended up being either 'love u dad' or with love.

The message on the inside says 'Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad', which I think is rather sweet. I used it in quite a few of the cards as you can see below.



Anyway back to the task in hand, as mentioned above I made a fab 8' by 8' card for my aunt, who had family party yesterday to celebrate. It ended up being much more than that as my cousin had a little boy (George) the weekend before and of course it was Father's Day. The weather behaved itself and we had a fabulous time. My parents came down to stay for the weekend so there was very little time for anything else given I spent all of Saturday at the GP! whoops!


So as promised, Kay, here are the cards I promised to post on Saturday night, but missed by a mile! Sorry.Recipe: 169/365 Stamps: Sugar Nellie - Daisy; Rubbernecker - words Other: From The Glitter Pot Paper: Bazzill Dotted Swiss Card - Honey & Mud Puddle, DCWV - The Spring Stack; Nestabilities - Scalloped circles, labels 3; Martha Stewart punches Double Scallop & from Crafts U Love - Leaf Frond

The flowers have been made by cutting out a scalloped round nestability and then cutting down between each scallop 3/4 of the way to the centre and then curling the petals with a bone folder. I have then stuck them down with silicon glue to give a little more height and lift between each layer.

Just time for one more. this one is really simple in that it only has three elements on the card, diamante, some holographic paper and some of the new(ish) white wash coordination card. Out came the trusty cuttlebug and voila a card in less than 15 mins. Great when you are on the run.

Recipe: Stamp - serendipity stamps; Cuttlebug - Cut & Emboss A2 Combo - Friends Forever & Butterflies; coordinations - whitewash; diamante from stash

Anyway off for a well earned rest after all this fun...

Ciao for now

SaraX

1 comment:

Kay Carley said...

Hurray at last!!

They were definitely worth waiting for though Sara!! Love the whitewash Coredinations (which I will definitely be purchasing) and the nestabilities flowers!!

Am looking forward to seeing more!!

Kay xx