Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2009

African Wedding

Hi all


I've been having a very mixed last week as it started with me becoming another victim of the recession, which was just before Ally Pally and certainly curtailed my spending -well something had to... At the weekend I was at a wedding party in Newmarket of a very old Sue who had got married a couple of weeks ago in an African safari lodge. She had her dress on again and looked absolutely fabulous. Then on Sunday I drove back via Ally Pally. Its much quieter on a Sunday, which gave me the chance to catch up with a few people.

I still managed to buy some lovely stuff including some great new stamps from Paper Artsy and some sizzix dies that I had been struggling to find. I also confess that I bought some more papers to add the the mountain of papers that I already have...... Whoops ... they are my weakness.

So whilst I am a lady of leisure (oops I mean job hunting) I am determined to get into my Xmas cards and try a few of the online challenges.


Meanwhile here is the card I made for Sue & Clive

Its not your typical wedding card, but then theirs was not a typical wedding.
This was also my first attempt at one of the popular mountain and Valley cards that everyone is using at the moment.

Recipe: 181/365

Stamps: truck;leaves;zebra print;Savannah all from the Magnolia Jungle Collection from Sir Stampalot. Ticketed from Autumn Leaves from The Glitter Pot, Celebrate by Printworks from Stamp Addicts, Swirls from Whiff of Joy
Dies: Sloppy Kiss from the Glitter Pot

All stamped in Versafine - Sepia & coloured with Distress inks all from the Glitter Pot.

I masked the wheel and then personalised it with their names.

Sue loved it......

So back to Xmas cards tomorrow...

Ciao

Sarax

No comments: