Pages

Friday 23 October 2009

Challenge weekend

Hi all
Very busy day today in my new life as a lady of leisure.......
I went down to Crafts U love this morning to participate in their make and take. I had been invited by a couple of crafty friends a few times, but not been able to fit it in. Well I didn't have that excuse any more so off I drove. It was a lovely day and the trip is pretty much all country lanes so a pleasure in itself. As I arrived I met Fizz & Jill (one arriving & one leaving) and had a fab time meeting some lovely ladies.

This afternoon I had a couple of friends over for coffee and then this evening found time to craft and enter some of this weekends challenges.

My first card was for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, which was a sweet sketch by Nat. I don't have many long vertical stamps so decided to rotate the sketch around to accommodate a old long horizontal Penny Black stamp. This also meant I could enter this into the challenge over at Secret Crafter, which was to dig deep and use an old stamp.

Recipe 191/365 Stamps - Snowman border, Snowflakes.. Papers: Pebbles - snow fun flakes & Kars X-mas collection. White card embossed using a Cuttlebug folder - snowflakes. All coloured in copics.

The next card was made using another old penny black stamp, but this time I used a sketch from Sketch Saturday and by using some of the BG Eskimo kisses paper managed to qualify for the Basic Grey Challenge which was a colour combo of Blue, Green & red.

Recipe: 192/365 Stamp -Penny Black - Snowy & Hedgey, Sentiment from Inkadinkado coloured in copics. Papers from Basic Grey - Eskimo Kisses. Punches - Martha Stewart. Red Pearls from Queen & co
Phew I'm pooped now and need to get my beauty sleep as I am off to the Glitter Pot tomorrow for the day.
Bye
Saraxx

No comments: