Pages

Thursday 29 October 2009

Friday Sketchers - 75

Hi all

Well the Indian summer weather the weather forecasters had been harping on about all week manged to find its way to Cobham in Surrey today, which is typical now that my central heating is all fixed!

I shouldn't moan as I managed to take some great shots of the beautiful autumn foliage today (who needs to be in Vermont when you can have it all in leafy Surrey LOL!)
I also manged to quickly snap this tiny cute beetle that landed on my car, just as I was about to get in it to go grocery shopping (proof that any little thing will distract me from my chores......!). He was very tricky to capture as he refused to pose for the camera and was moving pretty fast so focusing was pretty tricky, but you have to agree with colouring like this it was worth a go.


So onto my card for today which used a sketch from Friday sketchers. I was obviously inspired by the beetle as the colours seems to have been translated into the colouring and my choice of papers.
After yesterdays traditional colours it was refrshing to use a more modern Christmas palette & this paper from Kaisercraft certainly fitted the bill. Although I have to say that I went into a bit of a sweat when I had to start cutting into it! Why is it that certain papers can send you that way or is that just me!
The cute stamp from Impression Obsession was so easy to colour and I'm sure you will see this again soon....

Recipe: 203/365 Stamp: Lamb awaiting - Impression obsession coloured with distressed inks, sentiment from stamps away. Papers: Kaisercraft, Wish upon - Twinkle & Star bright. Nesties: Labels one and nesting stars. Ribbon from Ribbon Oasis plus my usual sprinkle of stickles!

Back to some more traditional colours tomorrow.

Thanks for looking

Hugs

Sara xx

1 comment:

cats whiskers said...

How sweet is this, love the image and the great colour scheme, The beetle is amazing
Hugs Jacqui x