Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Marlene's Sketch

Hi Everyone
Today I was down at Crafts U Love with the uber talented Kim Piggott where we made a tag card - well I nearly made one as there is so much involved in one of her cards it is impossible for a slow coach like me to finish in two hours!

So todays challenge card had to be a simple one! I used the sketch over on the Sugar Bowl by the lovely Marlene. The layout instantly had me reaching for their lovely cherub stamp and I coloured it with distresssed inks, divided it into four and then put crackle accents over top. Its the first time I have tried this and I am quite pleased with the result as the distressed inks didn't carry as much as I expected but has given a bit of an aged effect. The added requirement was to use lace and I used this fabulous cotton lace from Crafts U Love.

A close up of the crackle accents

Recipe: Stamps: Cherub from Funky Kits, Sentiment Great Flourish from Hero Arts. Papers: Basic Grey Bittersweet - Almond toffee. Flowers from Wild Orchid crafts.

Thanks for looking
Hugs

No comments: